Aylburton Church Photograph by: Steph Lord

Churches

There are a number of places of worship within the parish.

St. Mary's Church


St. Mary's is of 14th Century origin and originally stood on nearby Chapel Hill - a position of prominence. At that stage, in the 15th Century, it was dedicated to St. John the Baptist. Its site proved to be neither sheltered nor convenient for parishioners and the building fell into a poor state of repair. To overcome all these problems, it was moved stone by stone and rebuilt in its current location - centrally in the village - in 1855-56. The rebuilding was paid for by Charles Bathurst. There is a low tower at the West end with a pyramid roof. The font and pulpit date from the 15th Century, with the latter being one of only sixty left in England today.

Services

1st Sunday Holy Communion : 11.00am
3rd Sunday Morning Praise : 11.00am

Aylburton Common Mission Church


The tiny Mission church at Aylburton Common was built in 1867 and underwent repairs and restoration in 1951. The church to this day has great rustic charm and is still in regular use.

Services

2nd Sunday Holy Communion : 11.00am
4th Sunday Morning Praise : 11.00am

Aylburton Methodist Church


Aylburton Methodist Church is situated on the High Street.

Services

Main Service : 11.00am
Other services as arranged.

Although generally correct, the service time may occasionally vary, so it is best to verify the times and details prior to visiting the church.